As we’re in for an inundation of ticks this summer, we here at CEL have designed this handy twister for ticks. So if you find a Tick on yourself, a family member or a beloved pet, you no longer have to put up with a tacky supermarket tick remover or wait days for amazon shipping. Just print this handy twister and get it out asap!
Resolution: Normal or Fine
Infill: 20% – 40%
It is very important that the first layer is printed at 0.1mm (100micon) or less.
Removing a Tick can be a tricky business, there are a few rules that need to be followed to prevent infection as advised by BADA UK;
- The tick’s body must not be compressed, as this can force out saliva and gut contents which may contain disease-causing organisms.
- The tick should not be irritated or injured, as this may result in it regurgitating (vomiting) saliva and gut contents along with any disease-causing organisms.
- The mouth parts of the tick should be cleanly removed along with the rest of its body.
- The tick should be removed without causing the host discomfort.
When removing the Tick, wear rubber or plastic gloves.
How to use the tick twist tool;
- Engage the tool by approaching the tick from the side (the body of the tick is flat when unfed) until it is held securely.
- Lift the tool very lightly and TURN IT (clockwise or counter-clockwise). The tick detaches itself after 2-3 rotations.
- After removing the tick, disinfect the bite site and wash hands with soap and water.
- You may want to save the tick for identification in case the person or animal the tick was attached to becomes ill within several weeks. To save the tick, write the date of the bite in pencil on a piece of paper and put it with the tick in a sealed plastic bag and store it in a freezer. Your doctor / vet can then identify that a tick bite has occurred and use this information to assist in making an accurate diagnosis.