Robox version 2 mainboard is a backward compatible mainboard for Robox 3D printers with many state-of-the-art features and many updates.
Robox version 2 Mainboard
£166.58 [£166.58 exc. tax]
Out of stock
Out of stock
At the heart of Robox and RoboxPro was a ground-breaking electronics system. The CEL team were the first in the world to provide features like filament progress detection, bed probing and surface topography amongst others. The market has now caught up and we are pleased to have been at the front of these now standard features. That said, there are some components on the mainboard that were the best at the time but have now been superseded with more advanced technology. We are pleased to announce the launch of the redeveloped Robox mainboard to include all the great original features and now some of the developments made in the industry.
The all new Robox Version 2 mainboard can be retrofitted to all generations of Robox in the market, including RoboxPro.
New Features for Version 2 Mainboard:
- Six drop-in StepStick motor driver headers. Fitted with Trinamic TMC2209 V1.2 – Six motors can be controlled for smoother, quieter, faster and more accurate motion.
- Thermal monitoring of mainboard, and each motor controller.
- Remote connection of extruders with daughter board, including filament load detection and progress monitor
- High current connectors – Bed connections beefed up to handle our lightning fast heat-up for both AC and DC type beds. Less waiting, faster completed prints.
- DC Bed heater controller – power can be controlled directly by the mainboard, no additional RCD is required.
- Backward compatible – This upgrade electronics package will fit directly into all generations of Robox.
- Power cut recovery – Positioning is recorded to allow a print to resume following a power cut.
- Live monitoring of hardware during printing, filament progress, load unload, filament out etc
- Connection to 2 separate hot ends via I²C connection (Control extra stepper motors, fans, LEDS, heaters, etc)
- open source software and firmware
- bed levelling
- No USB connection required for printing or reprinting
- Ambient print enclosure temperature monitor and control
- AC and DC on heater control (30amp DC mosfet)
- RGB LED control
- Direct connection to Pi (UART)
- 5V supply for Pi (3 amp)
- 7 thermistor inputs
- 6 onboard Stepstick ports
- Optical encoder filament progress monitoring
- 7 switches inputs; (X, Y, Z+, Z-, B, C, and door open)
- 2 fan controls on Main board
- Dual Remote 2 wire EEPROM read and write for material recognition
- Fused AC inlet
- 16pin GPIO for future development
- MicroSDHC card port upto 32Gb class 10 for storing print jobs
- International voltage detection and output adaptation (110v – 240v)
- Heater time out
- Error detection
- Atmel AT91 (sam3u4e) 96mhz, 256 Kbytes embedded flash, 52 Kbytes SRAM
Information about supplied Stepsticks: FROM https://www.trinamic.com/fileadmin/assets/Products/ICs_Documents/TMC2209_Datasheet_V103.pdf
TMC2209 V1.2 FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Step/Dir Drivers for Two-Phase Bipolar Stepper Motors up to 2.8A peak–StealthChop™ for Quiet Movement–UART Interface Option–Sensorless Stall Detection StallGuard4.
- 2-phase stepper motors up to 2.8A coil current (peak), 2A RMS
- STEP/DIR Interface with 8, 16, 32 or 64 microstep pin setting
- Smooth Running 256 microsteps by MicroPlyer™ interpolation
- StealthChop2™ silent motor operation
- SpreadCycle™ highly dynamic motor control chopper
- StallGuard4™ load and stall detection for StealthChop
- CoolStep™ current control for energy savings up to 75%
- Low RDSon, Low Heat-Up LS 170mΩ & HS 170mΩ (typ. at 25°C)
- Voltage Range 4.75… 29V DC
- Low Power Standby to fit standby energy regulations
- Internal Sense Resistor option (no sense resistors required)
- Passive Braking, Freewheeling, and automatic power down
- Single Wire UART & OTP for advanced configuration options
- Integrated Pulse Generator for standalone motion
- Full Protection & Diagnostics
- Compact QFN package with large heat slug
Please note we do not accept any liability for a mainboard that has been incorrectly installed by you; this will invalidate your warranty and any costs associated with repairing the printer will fall to you. There is a step-by-step guide on how to install the Mainboard in your Robox, available for you to see on our Service Portal.
We also offer an Upgrade and Overhaul service that includes fitting the mainboard for you. In order to do this your Robox would need to be sent to us and we will return it once the upgrade is complete.
We also have a Global Shipping option where we can arrange to collect your unit using FedEx or DHL couriers.
|Dimensions||36 × 26 × 5 cm|