What can I do about...

Notifications
Clear all

What can I do about a not flat bed (original robox)

Daniel
(@danthekilla)

Most of my prints fail as the bed is not flat, some areas are about 0.4mm higher than the rest which causes no material to get extruded in those areas and then way too much material to get extruded in the area right after the high spot (due to built up back pressure). This makes most of my prints fail, unless I constantly change to 50% extrusion speed on the high areas every time the head prints in those areas, then I get about a 70% success rate.

Any ideas on how to flatten the bed, or should I replace the bed? Does the robox support mesh bed leveling?

Topic starter Posted : 11th October 2021 3:59 am
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator

@danthekilla The Robox does mesh bed leveling, which is why it does the 9-point bed map before every print. If your bed is out by that far, you have one of a couple of possible issues:

1. Mechanical issue with the Z drive causing the movement to not be measured accurately. This is usually due to a lack of cleaning and lubrication. Instructions to do this are on the support site. 

2. The PEI bed sheet is warped. Where on the bed are your high/low spots located? When you push on the bed in the center does it flex or is it tight against the heat plate underneath?

3. The first style Bowden tube could sometimes cause inaccurate bed mapping in certain conditions. If you have not upgraded the Bowden tube to the metal bracket version you may see a thinner first layer on the right side, but it should not be out by 0.4 mm. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th October 2021 4:09 am
Daniel
(@danthekilla)

@bhudson I doubt its the first issue, as I haven't really used much. Maybe 15 hours of printing since I got it back from you guys doing the bed replacement, and only a few hundred hours prior to that.

It is an original model if that makes a difference. I never used it much because I have always had so many problems with it.

There seems to be significant deflection when I press moderately (about 800g of force) on the high spots across the bed.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12th October 2021 5:39 am
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.