Printer doesn't tur...

Notifications
Clear all

Printer doesn't turn on.  

RSS
James Innes
(@james-innes)
New Member Customer

So I bought a second hand Robox on ebay, it's worked fine for a year. Today while printing I have no idea what happened I kept getting nozzle control errors and then heating element errors for the left nozzle.

The whole printhead then began smoking! I aborted it, ejected the filament, turned the printer off and then removed the printhead. There was a lot of filament melted up into everything.

I took the printhead apart, cleaned out all of the melted filament put it all back together again.

When I put the printhead back onto the printer and turned it on the fan on the printer (not the printhead) went insane and the bed started heating up, I panicked and turned it off at the switch and now it wont turn back on at all.

I thought maybe I had blown the fuse but I tried changing that and it didn't work.

I realise I have done something to mess it up, and from a cursory glance at google it sounds like I've blown something on the mainboard. 

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks

Posted : 15th May 2020 7:30 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator

@james-innes I suspect you have shorted the power cable in the head, probably by driving a screw through it. This may have damaged the power supply. You should open a support ticket to get further assistance.

The Robox print head is not user serviceable. You should not disassemble the print head without instruction from Support on a support ticket. I suspect that your print head has blown a valve seal and will have to be replaced. Support can walk you through what you need to do to determine if the printer is dead also, but the first thing is to remove the print head and then turn on the printer and see if that resolves the issue. If so you may have gotten lucky. If not, you are looking at a damaged power supply and possibly also a damaged mainboard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th May 2020 12:04 am
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.