Animation with retro arcade - Link to arcade.cel-uk.com
Head not detected -...

Notifications
Clear all

Head not detected - halfway through a purge

Stephen Webb
(@stephen-webb)
New Member Customer

Should I try a reset on head EEPROM screen? The head is fairly new and worked fine for maybe 50hours. Just asking because the previous calibration was good before I reset it.

If I was guessing it's like a EEPROM corruption. Head fan can be turned on and off, and filament eject works - heats up.

I've put another head on machine and that one is fine.

Does anybody know if CEL going to stock new parts, or are we at a total dead end with these machines?

Topic starter Posted : 18th October 2021 9:58 am
Topic Tags
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator

@stephen-webb If it is EEPROM corruption it is because the connection between the head and the X-carriage has been interrupted. This is usually due to a failed head retaining screw or a failed X-Carriage PCB. It may also be due to a damaged cable between the mainboard and X-Carriage, though this is rare. I would address the screw first, then the X-Carriage PCB if the screw doesn't solve it. 

You may need to reprogram the head after addressing the above failures, but you should not need a new head. I have yet to see a head with an EEPROM that can't be reprogrammed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19th October 2021 4:07 am
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.