Thanks for the replies :)
Another bug report:
Bug 3: I have bought and setup Root 4.02.00 with a Logitech C920 USB camera on it.
If I monitor the print from my Mac with 4.02.00 - after about 4-5 hours the camera part bugs out and Root becomes a lot less responsive. Once I lost most communication with the printer/root almost completely - and Root would become almost unresponsive. (RPI 3B)
This time I've just lost the camera for now - root seems to be responding. Camera "icon" just "disappeared from the main view. Restarting AutoMaker does not change things. Only a reboot of Root gives me the Camera view back.
So ? Memory leak in the camera handling ?
Bug 4: Reported before from others - AutoMaker does not remember previously connected Root/Mote printers. Once I type in the IP address it connects fine and do not ask for PIN - so it does "remember" the printer. (My printer is on a different subnet/VLAN - but should not stop AutoMaker from finding Root)
Material handling: I have 3D printed and built printers since the first Ultimaker 1 "Ikea" flatpack kits. The filament is stored in dry-box @20% - not the CEL branded one - but the same box with different name on the front. The problem with the Robox Dual is the path to the top extruder. The path has too much of a bend - so it is too easy for brittle material to break in the "shaft" and it will stay in the shaft by its own accord - blocking other filament from coming in. Once the material have been twice through the extruder (in - then out on unload) - it will break a lot easier due to pressure from extruder. So it is my 3rd time fishing out CEL PLA from it. The lower extruder does not have the same issue. And I have not had the issue with ABS - only PLA (so far) but PLA can go very brittle after being exposed to heat - like sitting in the machine while printing from the other feeder.
I have 2 Cel Robox Dual's :) and I really like them in general. They print well for the most part. For ABS they are almost as good as my Zortax M200 workhorse. (I have Ultimaker 2 "custom MOD'ded" - had the UM3 as well- but they are no good for general ABS print unless you want to "fiddle" all the time)
I think CEL could do a lot better talking about Mote/Root - it sure makes it easy to use the printers.
But on my wish list is:
1. Read feed option/conversion - for those of us with dry boxes or stacking. Dryboxes usually have their outputs at the rear - so snaking Bowden tubes around in big circles to reach the side / "front" loading is .. Ugly and annoying and increase resistance on material :)
2. A straight in feed option with no excessive bends - or another way to get easy access to the feeder path.
3. A clear divider line on the feed input - it can be hard to differentiate between feeder 1 and 2 inputs. I have used a white marker pen to draw on the middle of the feeder input divider so above the white line is feeder 1 - below is feeder 2. :)
4. A streaming Camera option for Mote/Root - the RPI 3B has more than enough horsepower to stream RTSP in realtime even in high resolutions - and it can do "still images" as well - while streaming. I do it with my security cameras via HOOBS removed link RTSP is really easy on the "clients side" as well. For top marks add the important print data as image overlay on the RTSP stream. (Layers/Print time remaining/temperatures) - then you could even monitor print progress via VLC or other RTSP capable screens.
5. A camera check on the Mote (view camera) - to adjust camera and check lighting.
6. A Root/Mote "reboot" option (if it stalls or camera stalls)
Posted : 11th January 2021 3:43 pm