Version 2 board, be...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Version 2 board, bed heater

RSS

Topic starter

Hi all.

Have 2 machines with version 2 board upgrades now.  Both have beds that are slow to heat and will just barely get to 90 deg C.  Anyone else notice this?

Christian

2 Answers

I have not noticed this. The speed of my bed is the same between V1 and V2. I can hit 125C easily. I would check that the reported bed temperature is accurate using an external thermometer. I recommend a K-type thermocouple thermometer for the best results, with the smallest tip possible for fast reads. Put the tip right on the bed. You should not get a difference greater than 10C between the thermometer and the AutoMaker readout while it is heating and it should be within 5C during steady-state operation. 

If your thermometer reads higher than those limits you have a poorly seated thermistor and/or bad thermal paste which will lead to a blown thermal fuse eventually.

Topic starter

I do not have access to the thermometer mentioned but can tell you by feel the thermostat on the machine is correct.

As an example the bed heated steadily from 26-95 over a period of 20 minutes and then maintained that temp.

I cant get the bed hotter as well but the heat time is so very long.

Is there some parameter that tells the bed how fast to heat?  

Should I check voltage somewhere to the bed?

@csnbailey Have you changed the power wires between the mainboard and the bed? That is the next thing I would look at if you haven't. Then also inspect the connection at the red wires where the bed power cable comes into the bed. Make sure the crimps are all in good condition and there are no broken strands.

I would get a thermometer like this one:
https://smile.amazon.com/Kamtop-Thermometer-Thermocouples-Temperature-Thermocouple/dp/B07DLW3MNV/
and test the bed to get actual results as this will be required for further troubleshooting.

There are parameters to check and the voltage is mains, so I do not recommend attempting to check it. The voltage is fine though since you are heating the bed properly. The problem will be the current, which is very hard to check safely unless you have the equipment to do so.

@csnbailey My V2 mainboard just started doing this. I am pretty sure the bed power wires are the issue, but I will change them this weekend and confirm.

Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.