print head needs to...

Notifications
Clear all

print head needs to be adjusted on the gantry  

RSS

Good Morning, it seems like my print head is about an inch to the right, is there a way to calibrate this or do you just jump a couple of teeth on the motors. it was fine until i calibrated the new print head, please let me know how to correct.

@mike-5222
Do you have a cable chain behind the print head or a mesh sleeve?
An inch seems to be more than I have seen in the past and changing the print head should not cause this. If you can take a picture it may help.

5 Answers

Ben i will take a picture a little later on i have something printing as soon as that is done i will take some pictures and send then to you, if you are asking about where the wires and stuff are mounted into there is a expandable sleeving that the wires and bowden tube are put thru. it is about a half inch from the rubber that cleans off the purge in the beginning. this is what the picture is showing where it heated the material then purged to start.

Thank you

Mike Sigg

picture did not post so here is the one picture, this shows some of the offset

1591893430-printer-problem.jpg

Ben, Here is a picture of the side of the unit that shows the sleeving

1591893787-Bowden-sleeve.jpg

@mike-5222
Before every operation the print head homes itself against the left side of the printer. For it to be off by that much, the X limit switch has to be triggered earlier than normal. If you watch the home operation, does the print head and X-Carriage touch the left side of the printer or does it stop some distance off the left side?

This panel will help you test the operation of the switches. It is normally visible on the Status page which is the top tab on the left side of all the projects.

If it is not visible click the top right cog to open Preferences>Advanced>Diagnostics and tick it.

While the printer is connected to AutoMaker and turned on this panel will show live information from the printer.

When the printer is idle, push the head all the way to the left side with your hand. The X limit light should come on in the panel. The Y limit switch is activated when the bed is pushed all the way to the back wall. Z limit detects the nozzle touching the a surface, eg the print surface. Tip the head backward to activate this switch and light the light in the panel. Z+ limit is a safety at the top of Z travel. Other indicators are obvious except index which strobes while filament is moving.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

Did you solve this, was it the limit switch?

as I'm having same issue, resulting in the mini purge at beginning of a print is totally missing the wiper.

1599772731-068cd22a0165e54d0d7156f94b553c090.jpg
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.