13th November 2020 2:54 am
This depends mostly on how well you take care of it.
The warranty for print heads is 100 days from the date of purchase or 500 print hours, whichever comes first, since the print head is a consumable, wear item.
Print heads can last up to 2000 print hours if they are well cared for. Regular maintenance includes:
1. Purging the print head every 10-15 print hours or at the end of a print longer than that time if you are using PLA or ABS.
2. Purging every 50-75 hours for most other materials.
3. Keeping your filament dry.
4. Keeping your filament clean.
5. Using high-quality filament.
6. Do not attempt to remove the nozzles for any reason.
7. Do not damage the nozzles in any way, including cleaning them with abrasive materials like ScotchBrite or sandpaper.
There is always the small chance of a factory defect. If you have a failure that is covered under the warranty the print head will be repaired or returned provided you are able to provide documentation on a support ticket of the failure and purchase date.