Animation with retro arcade - Link to arcade.cel-uk.com
Horizontal expansio...

Notifications
Clear all

Horizontal expansion

RSS

Topic starter

Is there a way making a horizontal expansion setting (elephant's foot in Prusa) in the Robox slicer? Having used it on my Ultimaker printer, it provides just enough size reduction to obtain a perfect fit.

4 Answers

Hi Paul 

It was added to the Automaker OS work I did over a year ago, but not using the very latest Cura update. It should function the same, but haven't looked at the changes since.

Mike

1648713287-Horizontal-expansion.png

Whereabouts are these settings in Automaker? Are they only in Auto9maker Pro? (which I don't have)

@paulsroom

No Pro doesn't have them. The Open Source version of Cura was released by CEL years ago, and I made some changes to this along with others. My changes were a quick UI bodge to implement some of the Cura 4.11?? feature sets IIRC, and have been dormant for a while since my initial work. At the moment the current build allows Tree Support and a few more bells and whistles, like One At A Time Printing or sequential printing of multiple objects, as well as a Variable Layer Height. There is work on incorporating Cura5 beta into Automaker, but someone is just getting around a legacy bug in Automaker to make it work with the Dual and QuickFill heads. There is no installer at the moment, although we have a licence to make one, as long as the code stays Open Source, but if you copy your original CEL folder in your Program Files and rename it, you can add the enhanced files by copy and pasting them into various folders 3-4 or so. You will also get a working GCodeViewer, that will allow you to preview the Print. There is the unofficial Robox Group on Facebook, that will point you to the files. If I add an email address, it usually gets stripped out by a moderator

I cannot find the Robox Group on Facebook, it keeps showing me Roblox only.

Topic starter

I cannot find the Robox Group on Facebook. It keeps coming up with Roblox only.

Topic starter

Sorry - found it. With regard to horizontal expansion I had always found that the Robox created fit problems without it. I have printed 6mm screws and internal threads on my Ultimaker 3 using horizontal expansion of -.15

The Ultimaker 3 generally works well but does occassionally present an error. This is the case for X-Y switches at the moment. But the Robox works fine when I don't need such a tight capability fit in mating parts.

I much prefer the Robox as it it's easy top use and very clear on displaying a lot of information.

Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.