Notifications
Clear all

Head & bed cable  

RSS

Hi could anyone tell me what parts I need to make up my own cable for the head And the power wire for the heated bed what silicon wire size and what size Molex connector And pin size please 

@dave123
I suggest you open a support ticket. These aren't things to be messing with on your own. The bed cable is direct AC current and is very dangerous if you get it wrong. There is also a set of steps you should take to ensure that your bed cable is actually the issue and it isn't the thermal fuse. If your bed cable has broken your mainboard may also be damaged and support can assist you with determining if that is the problem.
The head power cable should not fail if you are using the upgraded X-Carriage with the cable chain. If you install the head power cable backwards it will damage the mainboard. Support can help make sure you do this correctly.

Thanks for that BHudson it’s one of the first robox made so it’s not got the upgraded parts on it the problem I have had is the connectors have got where there is play in them from the hour it’s run over the years and and I was just going to fit new ones but I have decided to hard wire the connections now to stop the problem from happening again so that’s what I have done today and done 2 print today that was 3 hours long and it’s the best the printer has run for a long time it’s been constant with bed and head temperatures but I wouldn’t advise anyone to do this it was my choice to do it as I opened a ticket over a week ago for a new bed cable but it’s still not been delivers so it will come in handy for the other robox I have when ever it turns up but I can’t use the other print until cel get some more parts in stock as I need a x carrage pcb for that one so had to do something to get me up and running
Thank you for taking the time to reply 👍

1 Answer

Answered by Ben in comments

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.