Bed heater not reac...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Bed heater not reaching setpoint - unable to print  

RSS

Topic starter

I have four dual material printers.  Two of them are not working for the same reason:

Printing ABS with a bed temperature of 125C. The printer starts heating the bed and eventually heats the print head. At between 104C and 113C the heater no longer raises the bed temperature - it will hold around 108C. The print head reaches the correct temperature, then the printer waits for the bed to heat up. I have a screenshot of the temperature graph but cannot attach it here.

The most recent failure was on a printer that is less than a month old.  

Now I cannot ship the printers to Mr Hudson due to the costs because I am in Canada. What can I do to fix this myself?  Has anyone else seen this and if so what was the problem and the cure. If it is as simple as a loose connection then surely this can be prevented.

Topic Tags
1 Answer

@arbutus Stop using the printer immediately. The bed power cable may be breaking and if you continue to use the printer it may short and destroy the mainboard. Please open a support ticket to get assistance with this issue.

Please also note that North American support and service through CEL has been discontinued; I have changed careers and am no longer able to perform support for CEL. All support tickets go the UK team. Due to Covid the response times are long, but if your printer is only a month old you will want to wait on their response to ensure you are covered under warranty. 

Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.