The Snapmaker 2 looks pretty interesting.
Its a 3 in 1 modular printer, so changable heads, which can do CNC carving, Laser engraving and 3D printing.
The laser module is fairly low power (1.6W solid state), hence not a laser cutter.
They seem to have ticked most of the boxes for to make it easy to use:
- Heated build plate
- Removable build plate (magnetically attached)
- Self leveling
- Easily changeable heads to change the machine function.
- Modular parts
- Touch screen
- Multi-platform software
As far as I can make out they don't have these Robox features yet:
- An enclosure (although one is in the works as an optional extra).
- Extraction and filter system.
- Needle valves
- Dual/multi-material printing.
- Thermal build plate
- Ruby print heads.
Posted : 6th June 2019 11:49 am