Notifications
Clear all

Mega Printer  

Aimdy
(@mistsoul)
Reputable Member

Needed to print very large parts with speed and quality so i have added this giant to my two Robox units. It is custom made and has a print volume of 550mm3.

20171107_232736.jpg
20171107_232816.jpg
20171113_212008.jpg
Topic starter Posted : 18th December 2017 3:38 am
click
(@click)
Noble Member

Oh, that's big. It did take me a while before I understood what I am looking at! :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th December 2017 8:36 am
Aimdy
(@mistsoul)
Reputable Member

@click it is funny my two robox can be stacked on the buildplate with some leftover room. It has a 700w heater bed which plugs directly to the power outlet and 400C capable dual hotend. I switched the glass plate with a garolite bed as an experiment and because glass breaks easily. Will be fun to print some really large models with it.

20171210_112733.jpg
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18th December 2017 1:28 pm
click
(@click)
Noble Member

Looks great. If you have built it yourself - did you plan, maybe, to document the build? (With bill of material and links, too.)

I bet that you needed Roboxes to print plastic parts :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18th December 2017 2:05 pm
Aimdy
(@mistsoul)
Reputable Member

@click i had a company build this one for me, i had them scale up one of their machines, and the overall cost including dual extruder and shipping actually came out well below robox. I am however building 2 more machines that I hope touse both this printer and robox to print the plastic parts, at least for the prototypes.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18th December 2017 2:48 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

For our big printer we realised that you need a big reel for a big print. :)

Watching the last 20 hours of a 100 hour print is very stressful...

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19th December 2017 10:21 am
Aimdy
(@mistsoul)
Reputable Member

@pete i know right having to change an empty reel mid print will be stressful, i have some prints that will take about a week to finish, I am mentally preparing =) I have found a supplier in the US that sells 1, 10, 25 and 50kg reels, but such a big of a reel i thought would be hard to lug around. What is the heaviest reel you had the new machine extruder motor pull? The new machines looks pretty awesome btw

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19th December 2017 3:35 pm
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.