Animation with retro arcade - Link to arcade.cel-uk.com
Titan-X tricky

Notifications
Clear all

Titan-X tricky

Bengt
(@bengt)
Trusted Member

My first prints with Titan-X came out very well but my last try resulted in problems. The part did not stick to the bed at all and there was severe warping.

I use a DryBox there the spool is constantly stored, even during print, but the actual moisture level of the spool depends on the setting of the DryBox. Because of the hot and wet weather we have had outside now I might have let the level in the box go up to maybe 15-20% and I think this was too much for Titan-X. I printed the part again but with a large brim of Pollysupport and it helped a lot although not to 100%.

Just storing the spools in the DryBox is not enough, the DryBox must be set to high enough power also.

Topic starter Posted : 9th June 2021 5:43 pm
Kent Hartland
(@heartlander)
Estimable Member

I use a fruit dehydrator to dry reels of filament them store them in 1- and 2-gallon (yes, they make those) Zip-Loc clear bags with a few desiccant packets. When I dry reels I also dry desiccate packets and reuse them. I have no humidity related issues and I live in Kansas City which is famous for our summer humidity.

You might want to try wiping the bed down good with some 70% alcohol to see if it improves your bed adhesion luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 7th September 2021 6:39 pm
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.