Clear all

Starter profile for Ninjaflex

Page 1 / 3
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

Place in your folder DocumentsCEL RoboxFilaments

We found that different colours have different needs. Please name your profile with the colour.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

Topic starter Posted : 3rd February 2016 5:12 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dodgydave80)
Eminent Member

@pete

I have been doing some testing with white NinjaFlex and based my settings on the gold profile you provided. I have changed the temperature and speeds and have been getting some good results, see pictures. One problem I have been experiencing is filament slip warning in the Automaker software. I've done some searching on the forums and found the M909 slip detection command. Can you tell me if this setting is retained by the firmware or if this would need to be adjusted for each print or power cycle?

I assume the slip errors are due to the nature of the material and the high probability that it is stretching between the extruder gears and reel. Would it be possible to have a setting for slip detection within the material settings for a future release of Automaker?

Cheers

Dave

WP_20160214_14_02_19_Rich.jpg
WP_20160214_14_02_29_Rich.jpg
WP_20160214_14_02_34_Rich.jpg
ReplyQuote
Posted : 19th February 2016 10:08 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

If you change the following you are responsible for any damage to effected parts.

Type the following in console and press enter, this give info on your firmware settings

M503

The last entry is M909, the default is this:

M909 s10.0 T4.0

If you type the following and press enter it will change the setting during that power cycle, it will be reset to default after powering off and on.

M909 S50.0 T4.0

If you want to save it to the firmware you can use this command, then settings will be preserved even if you power off.

M500

When you update the firmware these settings will be overwritten to default so you may like to keep notes.

For official support please create a support ticket using this link www.cel-robox.com/support/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19th February 2016 10:47 am
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator

@pete I have been working with NinjaFlex Black and found that the Gold settings work pretty well but what I am running into is constant slip errors. I have tried every M909 setting 0-999 and they all give the same error. Maybe there is a way to turn the detection off?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21st February 2016 3:42 am
Dave
 Dave
(@dodgydave80)
Eminent Member

@bhudson

I had the same issues running white NinjaFlex and increased the temperature to 235 which reduced the number of errors. What I've also noticed is that if I leave the printer to pull the material from the reel under its own power, I get feed errors. If I pull material off the roll manually so the printer has less resistance, it prints without any errors. My theory is that the material is stretching between the roll and the extruder meaning the encoder doesn't see the expected flow.

Another issue I've had with NinjaFlex is that small features like the hook on top of 3D Hubs Marvin come out in a melted mess.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21st February 2016 2:06 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator

More experimentation shows that the errors seem to only come during the first layer if the rest of the part is perimeters only. If there is infill, the errors seem to come back. I have bumped the temperature to 230C and will look into a custom profile to drop everything to the perimeter speed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21st February 2016 8:35 pm
Don Colley
(@doncolley)
Estimable Member

@pete

Any ideas, new head, new extruder but I can't load ninjaflex so I tried ninjaflex semi same result. I get a filament not loaded warning but the head goes to the right as normal and filament doesn't move. I am strictly a plug and play so I have not played with the setting just loaded the reel information onto a spare reel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2016 4:58 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

does it get past the gears?

I expect you have managed to push it up past he index wheel but not reached the gears, if you can just pull it out again this will be the case.

Try removing the filament feed path before the extruder and pushing it directly into the extruder.

Or push some spare bowden into the filament feed path then push the filament through this, it seems to help a lot.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23rd February 2016 5:06 pm
Don Colley
(@doncolley)
Estimable Member

@pete

I am using the Bowden tube that came with the upgrade, it will feed in manually if I use the feed arrows but does not seem to get into the head.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23rd February 2016 6:03 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

The new loading system uses a "load until slip" command.

When working with the flex material you should change to M909 S50 as described here https://cel-uk.com/forums/topic/starter-profile-for-ninjaflex/#post-27005

If it continues to fail to load all the way then you may need to use the jog buttons or gcode commands to feed the material.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24th February 2016 10:16 am
Don Colley
(@doncolley)
Estimable Member

@pete

I managed to feed Ninjaflex into the head OK but I had to use the jog button most of the way. It is printing but it kept going to pause and the only way to get it printing continually was by fiddling with the print speed and flow rate at the moment print speed 50% flow rate 85%  but I don't know the connection, as I said I am strictly plug and play it works. Any info would be welcome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26th February 2016 2:09 pm
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

we tested flex a lot in an older version of AM but have only recently picked this up again using the current software.

If you find something makes a big difference please share your settings.

.roboxprofile

.roboxfilament

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26th February 2016 5:13 pm
Don Colley
(@doncolley)
Estimable Member

@pete

The attached picture is  a Ninjaflex Semi print, it turned out quite well in normal, good finish with minimum stringing and a 25mm bridge that has no sagging the only trouble was getting the print off the bed

Ninjacase.jpg
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27th February 2016 10:16 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
I am Pete Admin

It does stick very well to pretty much anything.

Try using the shiny side of your ThermoSurface. Glass works well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29th February 2016 12:10 pm
click
(@click)
Noble Member

I had a problem with Robox not wanting to start printing because of bed temperature. I purged previous material (@ normal purge bed temperature of 90ºC) and Robox sat there and waited forever(*) for bed temperature to drop to 40ºC before heating the head. Is there anything that can make bed temperature not to be considered stopping point if it is within range (on higher side)?

I can already see it being major issue for people living on southern hemisphere around this time of the year where their ambient temperature is quite high (and close to 40ºC) or middle eastern countries in 5-6 months time...

(BTW I am not saying Robox needs heavy fans with A/C tubing in somewhere)

(*) good 15-20 minutes plus me going over there and fanning the air around Robox - a proper comedy moment..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10th March 2016 8:51 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.