Farewell Ben Hudson

Notifications
Clear all

Farewell Ben Hudson  

RSS
Kent Hartland
(@heartlander)
Estimable Member

Most of us have benefited from the incredible knowledge Ben Hudson has of the Robox products. The guy is amazing and helped me many times. Not only was he a premier technical  guru but a steadfast representative of CEL, many times explaining things from the company perspective and why they do some of the things that seem counterproductive to us users. A company man, in the very best sense.

One of those seemingly counterproductive things is CEL letting Ben go.

I have no clue what could have caused this seismic event but as of July 10, he is no longer with the company and the American market is also apparently being abandoned. If CEL has made any kind of statement about this, I can't find it.

I'm actually sad. I think this bodes badly for CEL not to mention the users. Is CEL in trouble?

So long, Ben. Good luck to you, compadre, and those of us left.

Posted : 22nd July 2020 11:48 pm
BHudson
(@bhudson)
Former USA Robox Support Moderator

@heartlander

Just to be clear, CEL did not make a decision that resulted in the US support center being closed; I had to make the decision to move away from the Robox support. There are a lot of factors involved, both personal and professional. I was unable to find anyone willing to take over so I had to close the service. 

I have no indication that the US market is being abandoned or that CEL is moving away from the space. This is a change that I initiated. 

The UK team will continue to provide support to the best of my knowledge and can answer any specific questions. 

Thanks for your kind words!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25th July 2020 1:29 am
Share:

This community page and the content inside is publicly visible except in restricted groups. A registered community member is able to post content. Because of the open nature of this forum the content posted may not represent the views of CEL. While we do regularly read the content posted, in some cases the content may not be appropriate for the reader or may cause offence. Please help us by reporting such content. Technical advice provided in this forum may be provided with good intention and a belief that is is correct but may not be applicable to all hardware, software or user ability. In some cases content may not be relevant to newer or older revisions, conflicting or incorrect advice may be contained within conversations, community moderators will attempt to add to this or make corrections but to preserve the thread this may be on following pages or be missed as the forum evolves.

For official advice users should contact the CEL support team via www.cel-robox.com/support/ and follow the provided advice to preserve safety, warranty and function of Robox hardware or software.
This applies to any use or alteration which is not specifically described in the officially supplied guides from CEL. Community content should not be considered official even where posted by CEL employees. Only advice provided via the CEL support portal should be considered official.
Robox is a complex machine with many potential uses, to help preserve the good working order of both hardware and software please be patient and note that many common fixes for other 3D printers do not apply to Robox and may cause irreversible damage or compromise safe operation.
Images and content placed on this forum may be used by CEL and in related media without reward or attribution.